Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Flu Sucks - My Swee' Rocks!

I have spent the last 24 hours out of commission, either on my couch or in bed, only taking a break for the occasional sprint to the bathroom. Yes, the stomach flu! It came on suddenly Monday night/Tuesday morning and still hasn't left completely. I feel worlds better than I did, but I'm still a bit woozy and generally apprehensive about most things edible. I suppose I was due, though. I haven't had the flu for ten years. In fact, it may be almost exactly a decade. I remember it was spring of 1998 when it last hit me...strange the things you remember. I can't remember to buy toilet paper when I go to the grocery store, but the last time I spent two days with my head in a toilet - 'oh yeah, March of 98!'

Anyway, I digress. What I really wanted this post to be about is how awesome my girl is. She took extra-special care of me yesterday. Not only did she cancel her office hours and stay home with me, but she also ran to the store, made me food (what little I could stomach), and did the other household stuff (tending to the kitties, doing the laundry, dishes, etc.). I am a lucky, lucky person.

She keeps saying that it's no big deal and doesn't know why I'm being so appreciative. But, I don't know how I would've made it through yesterday without her. Not to mention, I'm one of those people that just needs to be pampered big time when I'm sick. So anyway, she is 'da bomb and if you see or talk to her, you should tell her so! I hope you all have or find someone as awesome as her to clean your puke bucket! Cuz' that's love, dude!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That *is* love

-Cass