Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Another one bites the dust...

Drum roll please.... Yes, I have finally finished another chapter on the diss! Dear god, that was a tough one! It came in at 58...yes, 58 pages! Who knew there was so much history about "the gay" or that they used so damn much popular culture?! So, a breath of fresh air for a few days; catch up on everything I've been ignoring (like blogging) lately and then I dive into the next one. This time I get to learn and write about how my people like or don't like to have stuff sold to them. Sounds fun and you are jealous, I know.

I wish I could regale you with stories of other exciting things I have been up to, but there just aren't any. I get up, I work, I eat, I work, I eat, I watch a little TV (baseball usually, for now), I work, I sleep. Wow, that really is what I do and suddenly by typing it out, I see how sad that is!

But, not today! Today I sleep in! Today I shop! Today I play guitar! Today I lounge! Today I play video games! Today I...catch up on errands and clean up the mess that my office has become....sigh! Maybe I need two days off from writing.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congrats! I hope to join you in the finished-another-chapter club at the end of Nov. I've been reading like crazy over the past 2 months and I'm ready to write in November. I'm actually taking part in NaNoWriMo for academics (which means you write solid as a group for November. NaNoWriMo is actually National Novel Writer's/ing Month where novelists-to-be write 50,000 words; it's like a marathon of writing). I figure this will push me to begin writing again as I've had setbacks and mental blocks along the way.

I could really use your work ethic (and your non-teaching fellowship!) Congrats!