Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm sure ya'll saw this coming.


So of course, I couldn't resist posting on my Sockies once more. C'mon they just won the World Series, cut me some slack! I'm so proud of my boys right now. I know they weren't the underdog this year and so it goes against why I root for 'em, but they worked so damn hard this year and really deserve it. And damnit, they managed to look like they were having fun all year long, which is something I think a lot of teams forget - especially in the post-season. So, congrats Sox! But also, hats off to the Rockies. It was a great series.

Now all the sports commentators are questioning if the Yankees dynasty is over and the Sox are the new dynasty. Of course on one hand, that feels very uncomfortable to me. That's why I root for the Sox, because they AREN'T that sort of team (well and that I love their players and their city!). Well, I guess we'll have to see what happens with the off-season. Hopefully Mike Lowell will stay and Rodriguez will be laughed at when he comes sniffing around for an offer from the Sox. I'd actually love to see A(ss)-Rod have to go back to the Yankees with his tail between his legs because nobody wants to sign his arogant ass for that much money. But, I'm sure some fool-hardy team will sign up for the package of controversy and headaches. I just hope it isn't the one that lives at Fenway.

Long live Red Sox Nation and the Tek-Lowell-Papi-Manny-Lugo-Pedroia-Youk-JD-Crisp-Ellsbury-Beckett-Schill-DiceK-Lester-Wake-Pap-Kielty-Okie-Timlin-Delcarmen-Lopez-Mirabelli-Cora-Hinske Administration (featuring the court jester Eric Gagne)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harumph.